The mission of the Office for Campus Diversity is to foster inclusion, appreciation, and understanding of diversity by advising the President and the University community on diversity-related initiatives, issues and goals. Diversity includes all characteristics that makes each one of us unique, including race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, physical and learning ability, sexual orientation, age, and socioeconomic background.
The Office for Campus Diversity provides leadership to recruit and retain a diverse student body, faculty and staff in order to promote a quality and diverse learning and social environment on the campus of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
The goals of the Office for Campus Diversity are as follows:
- Create and sustain an inclusive campus environment, where diverse cultural backgrounds and perspectives are valued and respected by all students and employees of the University.
- Develop and enhance resources for the retention of graduate students from underrepresented groups.
- Strengthen training opportunities and resources to encourage the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff.
- Advance equity through the development of supportive programs, procedures, and policies within the University.
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders to promote community engagement.
Browse our website to learn about all the resources and services we offer to students, faculty, staff and the community.