In celebration of the myriad of ways women from all walks of life have provided peace, healing, and hope throughout history, we formally announce the 15th annual Women’s Leadership Conference! The conference will be held in-person on March 24, 2022, at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
We invite scholars, professionals, and community leaders who are working towards the overall health and wellbeing of women in Louisiana to join us in engaging with the UL Lafayette and Acadiana community. Experienced and engaging presenters are welcome and encourage to submit proposal that empowers women to improve their networks and communities.
We encourage submissions along a wide range of topics, but we are especially interested in interactive presentations addressing Mental Health and Wellness in Three Aspects:
MIND: Mental and Emotional Health, Emotional Intelligence, Education and Educators, Research & Scholarship, Professionals and Professional Development, Self-efficacy or Confidence; Mindfulness, Self-Care
BODY: Physical Health and Wellness, Women Professionals in Healthcare; Holistic Health and Healing, Self-Care, Access to Care, Activeness, Women’s Walk for a Cause
SOUL/SPIRIT: Honoring, Inspiring, Encouraging, Respecting, and Supporting Women; Hopefulness; Women’s Narratives/Stories; Women’s Autonomy and Dignity
Desired Outcomes for the Women’s Leadership Conference:
• For women to develop skills for transformative service, leadership, and professional life.
• To enhance a personal sense of engagement, belonging, and empowerment.
• Create a stronger community among UL Lafayette and Acadiana women.
• Gain knowledge and skills for personal wellness and professional growth.
• Increase awareness of campus and community wellness resources for women.
• To provide a platform for our male advocates who are dedicated to supporting the advancement of our women community leaders.
• Celebrate the caring contributions of women, scholars, and health professionals in our community
Guidelines for Proposal Submission:
• Presentation Sessions will be in 45-minute time blocks.
• Proposals for both individual presenters and panel discussions are encouraged.
• Interactive sessions that are engaging your audience are highly encouraged.
• Individuals selected for presentation sessions or panel discussions will receive discounted registration.
Proposal Submissions should include:
• Session title and/or subtitle
• Indicate whether it is a Single presenter or Panel discussion
• Name, affiliation, and short biography for all presenters
• 250-word abstract, including a description and your plan for an interactive session
• Video evidence of recent speaking experience(s)
• Learning outcomes for the session
• November 25, 2021 – Online Form Open for Proposal Submissions
• January 15, 2022 – Deadline for Proposal Submissions
• January 24, 2022 – Notification of Selected Proposals
Call for Proposals has Closed
Questions? Contact us today at email@example.com