Are you a professional or scholar working to empower and inspire women?
Are you looking for more ways to engage the UL Lafayette and Acadiana community?
Are you passionate about gender equity, leadership and professional development?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply to speak at the 2020 Women’s Leadership Conference!
We are especially interested in interactive presentations in the following areas, but other topic submissions are welcomed and encouraged.
EDUCATE sessions provide attendees with the opportunity to learn new concepts, develop leadership skills and gain awareness of community resources
ENGAGE sessions provide attendees with the opportunity to explore strategies for building networks of support, cultivating relationships and getting involved in the community
ENRICH sessions provide attendees with the opportunity to explore personal growth, pursue balance and maintain health and wellness
EMPOWER sessions provide attendees with an opportunity to gain motivation, foster progressive action and spark the will to make change
Outcomes for the Women’s Leadership Conference:
- Develop skills for leadership and professional life
- Enhance a personal sense of engagement, belonging and empowerment
- Create a stronger community among UL Lafayette and Acadiana women
- Gain knowledge and skills for personal and professional growth
- Increase awareness of campus and community resources for women
- Celebrate the accomplishments of women and scholars in our community
Guidelines for Proposal Submission:
- Each session will last one hour.
- Proposals are allowed for individual presenters or panel discussions.
- Interactive sessions are highly encouraged.
- Individuals selected to present will receive discounted registration.
Information Needed to Submit a Proposal:
- Session title
- Single presenter or panel discussion
- Name, affiliation, and short biography for all presenters
- 250-word abstract, including a description and your plan for an interactive session
- Video or evidence of recent speaking experience(s)
- Learning outcomes for the session
- Technology needs for the session
- November 2, 2019 – Online Form Open for Proposal Submissions
- January 3, 2020 – Deadline for Proposal Submissions
- January 17, 2020 – Notification of Selected Proposals
- January 17, 2020 – Conference Registration Opens
Proposal Submissions closed.
Questions? Contact us today at email@example.com
Deadline for Submissions: January 10, 2020